How do I add a new plant to the database?
New plants can be added to the database via your Add Plantings page. To add a new plant to the database:
- Go to your Add Planting page
- Under the Classify
section, find the Common Name / Botanical Name / Variety Name
- Search for the plant first using this box to ensure that this plant isn’t already in the database
- If it isn’t yet in the database, click the Add a new plant… link to the right of the textbox
- In the popup box that appears, enter the details for the new plant, paying particular attention to spelling and the correct botanical name for the plant
- Click the Add button to save the details to the system
- Your new plant will be automatically populated into the classify box for use with this planting.